The Shenandoah West Story
From a weekend retreat in the mountains by 29 men from the San Leandro Church of Christ in 1968 grew the inspiration for Shenandoah West. Those men were so impressed with how much they were able to grow spiritually in these surroundings that they purchased the beautiful 160 acres of historic ground in the Sierra foothills that is now called Shenandoah West.
The Shenandoah West Camp's 160 acres are fully fenced. There is a main lodge which includes a meeting room, kitchen, four (4) bathrooms, and men's and women's dorms. The men's dorm can sleep 15 people (7 bunk beds and 1 single), the women's dorm can sleep 20 people (10 bunk beds). Each has a bathroom with two shower stalls. There are smoke alarms and fire extinguishers on the premises.
Outside the main lodge is a fenced, grassy yard area where small children can play with supervision. Elsewhere on the property, you will find:
a softball diamond
a volleyball court (no net)
numerous trails for hiking.
The cross on the hill makes a wonderful devotional setting. There is also an amphitheater with seating for large or small gatherings.
Electrical hookups for eight (8) RV's are located just outside the main lodge. Tent camping is also an option for housing additional guests.
Shenandoah West is an ideal setting for church retreats, youth events, even weddings! The facility is available to groups of all sizes. Contact Brian Sandine by telephone at 510-693-1169 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about reservations and availability. The links below provide information found in the User Info Packet about the details of renting the camp.